CrossFit is highly intense, functional training that is constantly varied.
Greg Glassman, Founder of CrossFit
CrossFit is a fundamental strength and conditioning program. The workout regime is designed to cause a broad spectrum of adaptation and therefore provides the best preparation of all kinds of physical and mental challenges.Therefore CrossFit is not a program that specializes, but designed to improve the ten parameters of fitness: (according to Level 1 guide)
- Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance—The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina—The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
- Strength—The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
- Flexibility—The ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
- Power—The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed—The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination—The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility—The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance—The ability to control the placement of the body’s center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy—Theabilitytocontrolmovement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
Is CrossFit for me?
All those skills are important for everyone. It doesn’t matter how you are or what your level of athletic experience is. Health is strongly related to your level of fitness. If your not sure about the fun facto of CrossFit, come in and find out – thats the best advice we have! Come over to CrossFit Four Horsemen in Stuttgart Degerloch and check out the trial training. It is addictive!
Why do the On Ramp Class?
Due to the fact that CrossFit incorporates so many different sports and movements you need to learn the basics. At CrossFit Four Horsemen we developed a modular four week program in order to teach you the basics and get you ready for regular classes! Check out the next on ramp!